Thursday, May 30, 2013

Graduation Crafts! Diploma Cover Scrapbook

Hey, hey, hey! It's graduation time!  There's nothing like the feeling of letting all those school burdens go and feeling that sense of accomplishment.  Plus, it makes me want to sing School's Out by Alice Cooper and who doesn't love that song?  Nobody, that's who, because that song is awesome.

Johnny Boy and I got married our Junior year of college so we spent our Senior year and our first year of marriage enjoying date nights at the library.  Oh yeah, keepin' the romance alive.  Nothing says love like a 1,000 page science textbook.  We graduated Spring of 2006 from BYU-Idaho, John with a bachelor degree in Chemistry and me with a bachelor degree in Geology and Earth Science.  Nerds.  You can say it.  We know. 

John's parents were generous and bought us nice frames for our diplomas which left us with these empty diploma covers.  You know I wasn't going to let that go to waste.




The cover is a nice pleather and satin bound cover with our university stamped in silver on the front.  This isn't a piece of junk {I mean I paid thousands of dollars and years of my life to get it} and it had a greater purpose than just tossing it.

So I added a few scrapbook stickers and pictures from our big day and The Diploma Cover Scrapbook was born.


This scrapbook is John's.  Mine is basically the same.  Just with a few more pictures of my parents.


I also had these cute little diplomas that I stuck in there.  You can buy a similar one HERE.  If you don't frame your original diploma you could still keep it in the cover and just scrapbook the left cover.  Lot's of options here.

 
The scrapbook is nice and compact and fits on my bookshelf but I can also take it out every spring to remember the accomplishments that we achieved and look at how cute we look in black robes and cardboard hats pre-children.
 
 
Happy Graduation to All You Grads! 
 
 
 
Feel free to turn this post into a little graduation brag board - Did your baby graduate Kindergarden, High School, College?  Give a shout out to your High School {Reed High class of 2000!} or did you finally pass all your classes and get that higher degree?  Whatever it is, y'all have worked hard so be sure to brag about it below in the comments!  
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Cool! Since I have the same BYU-I graduation cover around somewhere I can totally do this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing such relevant topic with us. I really love all the great stuff you provide. Capsngowns4less provide diploma covers having fabric lining with the look and feel of silk or a sturdy board lining with an authentic moire grain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this informative I want to buy Wholesale Diploma Covers online. Keep sharing such posts.
    Homeschool diploma covers

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...